Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 10 - Sometimes things just don't go as planned

June 17th, 2014

I took a left on a familiar road leading to Shannon because I wanted to go up Shannon and Kennedy. But that familiar road led me to some new territory. I got semi-lost. When I found Shannon, I realized that I was on a time crunch so I decided to opt out on Kennedy and rode hard. It felt good. My legs were awesome! We did 20.3 miles, my legs and I.

I figured I will do a short run after work but I ended up working late. By the time I got home, I was exhausted and my feet were not happy since they were on the concrete floor all day long. According to my Walking Mate on my phone, I walked at least 6.1 miles today. Who knows how accurate those things are but my feet felt beat. So, no run day equals rest day.

The question about food came up. My body operates on a plant-based diet. Here's what my food intake looks like for a typical day:

Breakfast - Post-run/bike - 12oz of Almond milk, 1/2 scoop of RawFit powder & 1 tbls of maple syrup
Lunch - Salad, seasonal fruits, and/or rice with mixed veggies
Dinner - Rice with mixed veggies or veggie pizza or veggie soup
Snacks throughout the day as needed - energy bars or baby food pouches

I recently started reading Eat and Run by Scott Jurek. There is a recipe for Rice balls or Onigiri that I like. I make my own version, which is similar to sushi rolls but I only use brown rice, tamari, sriracha and half of the Nori sheet. A couple of those rolls sit perfectly in my jersey pocket for long rides. I haven't yet started to eat while I run. So far, I don't feel the need to do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment