Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 1

June 8th, 2014

Today marked my real first training day. It was a warm Sunday morning. I dressed in blue running shorts, blue CEP compression sleeves, blue Injinji toe socks, pink Icebreaker tank, and my most precious thus far, Hoka One One Conquest pink paradise shoes. Everything was perfect. My gear was perfect. The sun was perfect. The occasional breeze was more than perfect. A few runners passed me but it didn't matter because I was perfectly happy running. I ran 6.7 miles, which was the farthest distance that I have yet accomplished. No pain. And a smiley face.

I find that stretching helps a great deal. Recently, I discovered that the actual time of stretching should be the same as the workout time. So if I run an hour, I should dedicate an hour to perform various stretches. So far, my favorite stretches are: runner stretch, downward dog, pigeon, pretzel and straight leg hamstring with rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment