Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 5

June 12th, 2014

I was planning on doing a 7 mile run today; however my knees felt a little off. Even though they didn't hurt, I thought maybe my body tells me I need a break since I have been running every day for the past 4 days. Let's just go back for a little bit. Pre-marathon signup time, I would classify myself as an occasional runner, that is I run 5 miles every one or two weeks. Counting from my first day 'til now (4 days), I have put 17.3 miles on my knees. So naturally, they would tell me, "Honey, you need to let us rest today. We want to live a long long time." What do I say to that?

As night was approaching, I knew I had made the right decision. The dull ache in my knees came and persisted. I was doing everything I could, from foam rolling to heat patches (Salonpas). I have confidence that tomorrow they will want to go outside and breath in the fresh morning air.


No comments:

Post a Comment