Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 4

June 11th, 2014

My normal workout heart rate generally stays around 186. I never seem to get it any higher than that. Today, I'm proud to say it was 194. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. But it felt good, well, only an hour after the fact :)

I found out one of my co-workers, Ben is a personal trainer (Happy Toes Coaching). Got to pick his brain for a bit about tips on training for a marathon. When I told him I was doing my interval trainings on the treadmill, he told me to ditch that. Running on the treadmill is an unnatural process. It pulls your feet under when you run instead of you pushing off on your own, which in turn affects your gait and foot strike. To be honest, I don't even know what my gait or foot strike is. That's how much of a novice I am. But I'm learning slowly, one step at a time.

Treadmill? I have no problem saying goodbye to it because 5 minutes on it seems like eternity. Plus, I am looking forward to substituting the treadmill with my morning rides once again. My knees will be happier taking 3 days off a week from running. It'd be nice to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger at a red light and bid each other good day as the light turns green.

It was treadmill interval this morning. I ran 2.8 miles and worked hard on my legs. It felt a little more painful. I can't wait until the day that I won't feel any pain working out hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment